• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

would this work? (frame ??s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldcrow

I am just a dreamer and really can't afford to build. but I do enjoy designing aircraft on my CAD program. I was wondering if a frame built like this sample would be feasible. using a CNC cutter the alum. sides (.125) could be cut and the top bottom and sides would be attached to 1x1x.125 alum. angle with rivets. high stress points ie: landing gear and wing attach point could be re-enforced with additional angle.
just a thought.what are the more educated peoples' thoughts.
Ken.

Attachments

• xz.jpg
    xz.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 139
Back