• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Decidied to buy the rivet gun.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickathome

In an earlier thread, I had mentioned using a modified bolt and hammer to set the solid rivets on my wing spar. Well, after careful thought and no success finding the right materials, and considering the opinions of many here, I have decided to bite the bullet and buy a rivet gun and bucking bar set. I researched, and went with Avery Tools this time around. I got the 737 3x rivet gun set. Between the C-tool, the hand operated squeezer, and the rivet gun kit, the rivet gun kit is the most economical choice.

I normally buy from Aircraft Spruce, but in this case, the price was cheaper with Avery, plus they only charged me $3.00 for shipping. I was skeptical so I called them to verify. The nice lady on the phone indeed said they eat some of their shipping to keep customers coming back. I will see how quickly the order arrives to see if they will get my continued business.

Now I have nothing against Aircraft Spruce, I've done business with them for a long time. Its simply a matter of who will save me the most money. Between $3.00 and almost $17.00 for shipping I had to go with the outfit who saves me the most money.. Unfortunately these days I'm not in the position to be loyal to any business.

Back