• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Timber Tourer - Spruce and Diesel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head in the clouds

Folks,

I am posting this to help a new friend and new HBA member getting started with the site.

Kierie Pieterse is a retired commercial pilot from South Africa and has been having trouble with the site's log-in and 'vanishing posts' problem and had almost given up. I am interested in his project and was able to contact him and have had a look at some pictures of his neat craftsmanship.

It started out as a 3/4 scale C310 and has then evolved into an 'own design'. Kierie describes it as a 2-4 seater, the use of the rear seats will depend on flight testing results. It's a fixed gear taildragger and will use direct drive Subaru Diesel engines, a great choice in my mind since they are plentiful, reliable and very economical. And Kierie's configuration should carry the weight ok.

Anyway here are some pics of the early stage of the project to get the ball rolling and KP would love to hear from other timber builders to share tips and ideas.

Cheers all,

Alan

experimental ac.jpg DSCN0614R.jpg DSCN0567R.jpg

Back