• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Donations for Mike Alsbury's Family (Deceased SS2 Pilot)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo

I hope the mods will forgive me for soliciting donations, but I can't think of a more worthy cause. Everyone knows about the SpaceShipTwo crash and I hear a lot of admiration for the test pilots. Besides being great guys, they were both family men. Mike Alsbury (the deceased SS2 pilot) leaves a wife and two young children. The pilots were not highly paid, they risked their lives because they loved aviation and shared the dream of space flight for the common man (someday).

A friend at Scaled Composites sent me this link. I've made a donation and hope that you will also. All funds go to Mike's family - his wife and children. My heart goes out to them and this is a concrete way to show our support.

Mike Alsbury Memorial Fund by Scaled Family - GoFundMe

Back