• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Master Switch - illuminated rocker switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgrant2000

All:
For my master switch I am using a good quality, typical 3 connector, illuminated rocker switch. The connectors are positive, load and ground for the light. At the time of this post I don't know what kind of light is in the switch but if that becomes important, that info can be obtained.

The switch does the job just fine but it does not illuminate when in the on position (or off for that matter). I know the switch and light/bulb are good (traded it out with another one that was operating correctly with the same result). The difference between this application and the others in the aircraft is the master switch circuit is a switchable ground and is therefore downstream from the load. All others are upstream from the load. Maybe I need to add a resistor to the ground for the light?

I feel certain that this has been an issue many times in the EAB realm. Someone (probably many builders) has solved this problem before.

Thanks,
Larry

Back