• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Kestrel ultralight on floats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howe

Well I got side tracked for a while but I finally flew the beast yesterday and it was beautiful.
I got the cog just perfect for flight but the centre of bouyancy is too far aft as it needed a lot of back stick
to get over the hump. Wiil move the floats 100m forward.
But once up on the plane I could drop the revs back to 4500 rpm (rotax 503) and still be planning on the step.
It fast taxied and corners like on rails ( no side slip)

Attachments

• P1020461.jpg
    P1020461.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 459
  • P1020439.jpg
    P1020439.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 697
  • P1020457.jpg
    P1020457.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 305
Back