• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

CoG Determination.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goody34

I was wondering how engineers go about determining the CoG of an aircraft. I know how to find the CoG for standard shapes and composite areas using double integrals and what not, but there has to be a more efficient way for engineers to go about doing this.
From my knowledge the CoG is supposed to be at the center of the wings. Is this correct. Also if the CoG is poorly located, does this just result in an unstable aircraft that requires constant control input?

Back