• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Is AN-2 safest one? and AN-2 parts good start for baby pilot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genius_P_Bear

Hi

I'm PBear new to this forum. I'm bear, goofy but real genius. retired world class 3D software engineer, and now I'm laid back inventor.

I can handle and read most engineering stuff. tool, computer, software, welder so on. but I'm just baby pilot. and as all we know aviation is matter of life. I need wisdom and experience.

I considering buying AN-2. It's roomy - I posted my motor home idea to other thread- , extremely cheap, very well known.

First question.

Is AN-2 safe? for baby pilot?

as just looking it's much more safer than Cesna and other airplane. very big, low stall speed, I saw many crash photos, it's cockpit is not bashed out.

What do you think? Adult pilots?

Second question.

I try to start from scratch. is it too hard for baby pilot -but very good engineer-.?

I considering buying abandoned AN-2 . here is similar airplane photo and link.

img016610822379.jpgimg025865086197.jpgimg033882720768.jpgimg047439604043.jpg

and I read some accident report and specification of this airplane. funny thing is current engine is bad for safety. whole engine + propeller parts' weight is very close to 1 metric ton. so I think rather install three engine + propeller,

I think It's better install two at top of airplane, one at front original spot for engine. but it's totally depend on airplane's condition so Just brief plan. but I'm sure It's better and so much fun install new engine to this airplane. I considering Mazda RX-8 engine very light and small. and make my own carbon propeller. 3 parts's weight just 250kg. so it will save 500kg and much safe instead of huge ancient engine.

What do you think of my Ideas? Is this too huge for baby pilot? for me most important thing is safety. after that joy of learning and create.

I hope I can share your wisdom.

Thank you adult pilots!

P_Bear

Back