• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for insperation!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captgrizz

I am not yet old but I am older, Have been a tinkerer and designer nearly all my life. Have built everything from industrial machinery to aircraft, motorcycles, kit cars, gismos to help handicapped folks, and most anything else that my slightly twisted mind dreams up. Currently I have no shop so my tools and equipment are in storage. (what hasn't been stolen that is) I am slowly (big emphasis on slowly) restoring an 85 XJS V-12 Jaguar coupe and modifying/restoring an old Evo Harley and a 1999 Excelsior-Henderson Super "X". Hopefully to something original and better than when they were new. The last flying machine I built was a gyroplane with a 1600 CC Subaru engine with a belt reduction drive and a prerotator. Its in storage in Tennessee with the two thirds of my stuff that hasn't made it to Texas since I became medically retired from the marine industry. I hope to design and build three aircraft and build a two place Rotormouse when I get back in my financial feet, and get a shop to tinker in. I am currently attempting to set up shop as a gunsmith so I can get off of this disability stuff, had to find something I could do while staying off my feet. The aircraft I want to design are: 1) a round engine version of the Buethe Barracuda somewhat stretched into a four or five seat plane with an R-985 Pratt & Whitney engine. 2) a round engine version of a Spacewalker/Revolution with a 220 HP Jacobs. 3) a four seat amphibious Airplane with a belt driven V-8 auto engine pushing it in the 160 Knot range at cruise, Like an Osprey II on steroids with gull wing doors and room inside for a couple guys with really broad shoulders (like me) I have my own design for a redundant belt drive system that takes the torsional loads and prop loads off the engine. So now you know a little about me, and by the way Ya' All should be fore warned I have a really twisted sence of humor. GRIZZ :gig:

Back