• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

1st time project selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lake_harley

Supporting Member
I'm in the hopes of starting my first plane project (ultralight) very soon. I've been saying that for a couple months. So far I have bought 3 sets of plans and probably, to those around me, have seemed wishy-washy about what I want to build, or say I'm going to build. My considerations have gone from a simple design (plans looked like copies of napkin sketches), to one that is quite involved (but really airplane looking, and I'd like to build it as my 2nd project for sure!), and back to a really simple, back-to-basics ultralight. Am I the only one who can't make up his mind, or have others had the first-time builder hesitations about getting into something that's either over their head or not quite what they want? So far I've spent $455 on plans and building CD's, and in one case drove 1400 miles, round trip, to look at a finished version of a plane. I justify it all with the arguement that the time for indecision is before the project begins. Maybe others have had the same experience?

Thanks

Lynn

Back