• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

50HP 4-cycle suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinkers

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums here and am doing some research into suitable engines for an Airbike. I live on the Colorado front range at ~5000 feet. The DA around here in the summer reaches 8-9000 feet, temps on a summer day can range from low 40's in the morning to high 90's in the afternoon. Winter temps can run from single digits to the 50's even 60's in a single day. Mountain terrain rising to the west and plains sloping away to the east. Point is temp & altitude changes make an engine with a mixture control very desirable.

I am interested in 4-cycle power if possible for the longer life, lower maintenance and increased reliability. So, anyone have any suggestions for a 50HP 4-stroke with mixture control? I don't really care if it is automatic or manual control, carbureted or fuel injected.

Thanks,

Back