• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another new guy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownshoe

My name is Dave. I’ve been reading the boards here for a couple of weeks and enjoying it greatly, so I thought I’d introduce myself.

I studied Aeronautical Engineering because I’ve been an airplane geek all my life and I wanted to learn how to design them. Then I did a brief stint as a helicopter pilot in the US Navy, got out, and now I’m in aircraft sales. I currently work for a well-known manufacturer of certified airplanes.

I have a commercial ticket with instrument privileges in single and multi engine airplanes and helicopters. I am also an airplane CFI.

I think it’s as good of a time as I’m going to get to start on my first airplane building project. I work at an airplane factory, and I find it inspiring. We’ve also got a flying club here that’s a great deal, so I have nice planes I can fly in the meantime. I’m not aware of a kit that fits my needs, and I’ve kind of always wanted to design my own plane anyway, so I’m planning to get started this year on an original design. I’ll post more details on that in the appropriate forum.

I have a copy of Daniel Raymer’s book (the big one- it was one of my textbooks in college), and I’m pretty comfortable with the aerodynamic side of designing planes. I’m going to need some help with structures, though. Thanks, in advance, to those who may provide feedback on my designs. I’m new at this, but hopefully I’ll be able to help out a little bit once in a while, too.

Fly safe!

Back