• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Jet enigne idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goody34

This may or may not have been thought of by someone allready but here goes, tell me what you think

I attatched a rough schematic of the design. It is basically a combo between a pressure jet and a turbo jet.

Here is my theory behind it:

1.The engine is started with either a spark plug or bbq ignitor or somthing of that nature.

2. The gas (not sure what yet) travels through the tube and is heated by the allready burning engine. As a result of this heating the fuel will come out more turbulantly (hopefuly)

3. The small amount of thrust that is produced by the pressure jet portion exits out the rear of the jet causing the rear fan to spin. The rear fan is connected to the forward fan by a rod and the spinning of the rear fan will cause the forward fan to also spin. The spinning of the forward fan will draw more air into the combustion chamber.

Walla! a jet engine.......

To achieve a higher compression more fans could be added just before the combuster.

I was thinking of making the outer shell out of Foam and fiberglass

I was also thinking i would make the blades out of fiberglass or carbon fiber.

The crankshaft would be aluminium and the fuel tube copper.

What do you guys think

How far fetched is my idea?

Attachments

• jetengine.gif
    jetengine.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,204
Back