• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Project Progress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BD5builder

Im a bit bored here sitting at home, as its waaayy to cold to go to the shop to work on the BD-5, not to mention i'm pretty tired after a long day of work, so i thought i'd post up some progress pictures.

The day i picked it up on August the 18th, roughly 55% complete

longphre1.jpg

3 months Later, its almost 80% complete. The only thing really left to do is finish the drive system installation and the control system stuff. So here's a few pictures:

Assembled.jpg

instrumentpanelinstalled.jpg

floor1.jpg

consolesinstalled2.jpg

My own design of the flap handle.. The original had a tendency to pop out of its detent causing an inadvertant flap retraction.. definately not something you want to happen on short final.

flapmod1.jpg

Back