• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Possible to Scale Seawind?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durabol

I'm interested in scaling down a Seawind

seawind.jpg

to 1200lbs gross, 90hp, twin side-by-side seating. I had originally planed for retracts but I don't think that's possible given the weight restriction (not to mention the complexity). This airplane is more of a novelty since it is slow flying with a cruise under 120mph. The stall is around 40mph, wing area around 150sq.ft. I'm concerned with the low speed handling of this airplane since the Seawind has a much faster takeoff/landing. The above all assumes I can design the structure of this airplane which is another major challenge but it would still be good to know whether aerodynamically it would work and be safe to fly.

Brock

Back