• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New kid in town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fco

Hi everybody,

I live in Mallorca island in Spain and dreaming of building a 4 seater. At first glance it may be a Lancair. Sometimes I even go :ban:'s and find myself daydreaming about a Propjet. Since the first thing I need is to find partners for this project we would have to decide what airplane we want.

At this stage I'm trying to gather all the information I can on what's involved in building one of this babes. The Lancairs seem to be more "pre-built" than other aircraft. I have also found that there is this company here in Spain that can provide assistance with the building project. I have to find out with them what would be the overhead cost for such an assistance.

I will appreciate any feedback and although I have started to read a lot on the matter I will soon start asking a lot of newby questions. Be patient :smile:

Maybe I'll ask right here the first one:

Not taking in account the hours spent but only the money spent in parts, shipping costs, trips and so on, is this a good investment ? I mean, although this is not the main purpose of this enterprise, will the aircraft have a resell value wich is greater than the money spent on it (excluding any valuation of personal labor)

Thanks for all your feedback

Last edited:
Back