• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

vector 610 prop clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandoranch

I have a vector 610 with the standard 1 cyl 22 hp motor.
Original setup I assume. Bought it used.
My problem is with the clutch?? slip clutch??? it appears to be a type of coupler like a torque converter.
it has a tag on from
Yarnall Techtonics Inc.
2240 Brickyard Rd
Canandaigua,New York ?4424 394 6???
It is approx 7 in diameter and 1 1/2 in thick
The interior has a wavy plate that is attached to the driven shaft from the motor.
The interrior is partially filled with metal granuals.
I am guessing the driven wavy plate ,when spun , stirs the granuals and thru friction couples it to the exterior shell which ia attached to the prop.
PROBLEM
It is all seized up and there is NO free wheeling of the prop when the motor is backed off.
Do I need it???
If so where can I get another or something comparble??
Thanks for any feedback
dandoranch
[email protected]
10/22/2012

Back