• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Low temp aluminum welding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohioflyer

I was wondering if anybody here has had any experience with low temp aluminum welding/brazing as it may be more technically called as it relates to gas tanks. My plans call for aluminum tanks, but as I'm on a very restricted budget anything that I can do my self and save money is probably the route I'll take. That being said I do'nt want to compromise safety for price. I was thinking about fiberglass tanks but they seem like they would be heavy. This website:

www.aluminumrepair.com

seems pretty together. They list among the appropriate uses for thier product gas tanks, but as my tanks are not in the wings but behind my panel and seat back respectively any input on this system or a similar products suitability for aircraft is appreciated. The main thing that attracts me to systems like this are usability with Mapp Gas, I'm not a welder, I'm a woodworker, buying tools for the latter will be used for a long time, the former would go to waste.

Thanks,
Ed

Back