• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

BD-5 project pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BD5builder

Just thought i would show you guys some pictures from my latest BD-5 project. I sold the previous one, bought another that was advertised as 95% complete, then got it and it was more like 50% complete. Then i found this one fairly local (3 hours away), drove to look at it, and it was 98% complete with all of the small parts already done (and if you know BD-5's, there are TONS of small parts). All the machine work is done, welding is done, wings and flaps are ready to close, ailerons are done, Vertical tail and rudder are done, HS's are 90% done. All thats really left to do is install all the subassemblies and finish the other 90% of the stuff left LOL. IE control system, fuel system, drive system etc.

Enjoy,
thomas

DSCF1305.jpg

DSCF1294.jpg

Nosegearwell.jpg

longphre4.jpg

DSCF1310.jpg

Back