• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Greetings from Seattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanJ

Just a quick hello note. I'm one of the fabled 100 hour ASEL pilots, bored with rent-a-planes when my eye fell on a Loehle Spad XIII one day. One thing lead to another, and I find myself here. (The current lieblingskit is a Fisher Classic, so I can bring a friend.)

I'm still years away from actually building anything, but it looks like a very promising way to get back into being excited about aviation.

I'm a very mechanically minded person, and find myself well-versed in things like engines, instrumentation, and control systems (less so the control systems). I do all my own work on a variety of motorcycles, and am looking forward to the idea of a plane where I can do all the wrenching myself. I'll try to be helpful as I lolligag around waiting for conditions to be right for me to go plunk down my collection of nickels on a new kit.

I'm sure I'll be headed to an EAA meeting soon, and am kicking myself for just missing Arlington (of course I should randomly think of trolling Google for ultralights mere days after the Arlington fly-in has shut down!). I might even go for an intro flight in a two-seater ultralight (rules exceptions bouncing around my head) in the near future to check it out.

Back