• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wanted: Picture of a split up (1/2)VW engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenaatXS

Hi there,

I've been google-ing for quite some time, but I can't seem to find the picture I would like to see. I think it's a shame that this forum has so few members who actually post pictures! Way too much talking, way too few pictures from actual results! I'm also active on a motorcycle forum, and there, every topic is full of pictures because the members show what they made so we can help each other out.

I want a picture of an airworthy (1/2) VW engine, with one crankcase removed. I want to see the main bearings position. Call it a section view, through the axis of the crankshaft.
It should look like this (my 2CV engine)
5z4kcw.jpg

e8aaza.jpg

I'm still worried about my original car thrust bearing, but I can't seem to find how a (1/2)VW engine is adapted to cope with prop thrust.

Many thanks

Back