• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need help finding an old model

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kokotele

Hi, everyone. I came here hoping that you folks would be able to help me find an old homebuilt model that I can't get out of my mind.

I saw it in the EAA Sport Aviation magazine probably 20 years ago, and perhaps as long as 25 years ago. I remember some of the photographs clearly. It was all-metal in a configuration that looks a heck of a lot like a P-40, but it wasn't a replica or scaled down P-40 model, it just had similar proportions. Low, wing, tandem seats. I also think I remember reading that the owner preferred to fly it from the rear seat. I seem to remember that most of the skin was polished aluminum with dark blue trim.

I don't recall if this plane was featured on the cover, but it did have an extensive article with lots of pictures.

Does anyone have a clue what model I'm talking about? If so, I'd greatly appreciate any information you can share!

Back