• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

WHICH ELECTRICAL GEAR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticserv

Hi all, hoping to get some good advise.
I am building a 84% P51 tf and am currently thinking about the engine detail, I have a crate LS2 series 4 engine and am considering the electrical gear.
I have seen that quiet aviation have used the standard car control system , with an extra computer. yet others go to after market gear such as Motec, my question is why do the not use the mass air flow meter and the o2 sensors and knock sensors?

To my way of thinking a Motec or alike with a extra sensor wheel, is a good idea, but would think keeping the O2 sensors and the mass air flow meter and even the fly by wire throttle woul be an advantage, for altitude compensation etc.
I am really green in this area and any help/advise would really be appreciated.

Have been following the site on and off for years, and find it great for info,

Shane

Back