• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

twin 701 = 702?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erico

New member, quite embarassed to be asking questions already, but anyway: new rotax 912 may cost as much as 30kUS in my coutry, because of import duties -- used 912´s not yet available -- but 503´s go for 15hundred plus some 1thou to rebuild -- then I would like very much to have some hints & clues regarding the installation of two 503´s in CH-701´s wings -- engines well inboard I know, CG questions I know, VMCA I know (do I, and what about rudder area?), single-engine operation I know, 49HP enough for single-engine operation I know -- should I plainly double the spar´s thickness in the area, should I invent a separate "cage-across" of 3/4inch 4130 tubing? Basic question regards to how to fix the engine mount in fwd and rear spars. Thank you in advance. Erico

Back