• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New kid in town from Romania

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xanadrone

Just kidding about “kid”, of course - as I’m already 55, but still preserving (I hope) the creative approach of the childhood. I’ve signed in a few months ago on this impressive forum, and now I think I’m about ready for the active phase of posting, after a long period of non-passive “sitting on the fence”.
So, I’ve tried to browse thoroughly the enormous amount of aeronautic knowledge so generously spread around here not only by the skilled moderators and, despite the consecutive re-assessment of my sheer ignorance, got the courage to jump in.

I’m an motoring editor here in the far East Europe (that means at least solid knowledge in motorcycle two- and four-strokers and eventual aero-conversions), but my aero background consist only in RC-modelling since teenage-era - at a pretty “pro” level, though.
Now it’s maybe not too late (or is it?) to make the next step, even if I reckon the RC- and homebuit domaines are just tangential. Materializing some older (but not too off-the-shelf) ideas on a full scale aircraft is so tempting that I’ve decided to invest some small heritage that’s on its way in this idealistic - and, for some friends, silly direction.

Not thinking for the moment about the restrictive Romanian regulations or the ULM-pilot license (it costs a small fortune in this poor EU country - at least 5k euros or 6.5k USD), I’m trying now to concentrate only on the affordability of an original scratch-build without sacrificing too much performance, having only about 10k euros to spend. In principle, I'm hooked with the idea of a swift monoplace multi-engined microlight (if the 103 section american regulations or even the german sub-120 kg category would have been valid here, I'd have changed plans).
I’m not going to ellaborate about my plans right now 'cause I have more versions than napkins :gig: and still need some preselection to come out here with only 2 or maybe 3, but I’m sure that the expert HBA member’s opinions would be enormously helpful.

Thanking You in advance, I’m also begging pardon in advance for my sometimes inherent poor english and look forward with full trust (and future thrust I hope) to Your kind feedback.

Back