• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

ultralight airplane, seeking info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sporty

Hello,

I am new to this forum.

A few years ago, I bought a set of affordaplane plans. However that was as far as I got with it.

But Now I am at a time in my life, where I really want to build a ultralight airplane.

Still on a budget and cant buy a kit or get a loan for one. I was thinking plans and build as I can afford to.

However, I want to build a part 103 legal ultralight, But I also want a safe and reliable design and dont take a genious to build it.

So, I was hoping some owners, flyers and builders of ultralights. could answer or give soem suggestions.

1- is there 3 ultralights part 103, that there is plans for, or you have built or flown that you can recommend ?

2- has anyone that has built the affordaplane, on this forum ? or flew it ? and more than just a few times ? Thoughts and comments are needed.

I took some flight lessons in a challenger 2, I found this plane easy to fly, spacious and seemed to handle well.

With that mention, Is there any plans that I can get that come close to the flight and stability characateristics of that ultralight ?

sporty

Last edited:
Back