• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the female mold for the starboard lower stub wing. I have three doors on the lower stub wing skins. One is for accessing the main spar bolts a
wsimpso1

Here is the female mold for the starboard lower stub wing. I have three doors on the lower stub wing skins. One is for accessing the main spar bolts a

Here is the female mold for the starboard lower stub wing. I have three doors on the lower stub wing skins. One is for accessing the main spar bolts and leading edge spar bolts. One is the place where the Wittman leg leaves the wing. The door will serve as the base for a fairing and will allow inspection of the mount for the gear leg - this one may have to be made bigger. The largest one allows access to the aileron linkage idler.

The mold was made of hot wired blue foam, skinned it with coated aluminum roof flashing. The edges of part are defined by one ply silver duct tape. The margin at the leading edge is set with three plies of duct tape, which will allow a join tape around the leading edge later on. and I used electrical tape to define the boundaries for the doors. The tape lines print on the part, and allow you to get it exactly back where it was made...

Media information

Album
My Homebuilt
Added by
wsimpso1
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename