• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

POLL: DS54 Design Study Candidate Configurations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Candidate configuration do you like the best, and why?

• Candidate 1: Conventional

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Candidate 2: Asymmetric

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Candidate 3: Pod and Boom

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Candidate 1: Conventional

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Candidate 2: Asymmetric

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Candidate 3: Pod and Boom

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi all! I’ve just posted three candidate concepts for my DS54 project into my design thread, and I’d like to hear what you have to say about them! This is not a market survey - I still intend this design to be just a one-off for me. I’d just like to see what the general opinions are “out there” about these candidates. I think I’ve already made up my mind between the three, but many heads are better than one!

Here’s what I ask of you in this poll:
  1. Please read my post on these candidates first, before you vote and comment. It’s the only place you’ll find images of them, so you don’t get much choice! :grin: There is a link at the bottom there that will bring you back here.
  2. Once you vote, tell me a little about why you made your choice: What drew you to one configuration and away from the others? Any reason is fine with me, even if you just like the looks of one over the others, or think one is just too boring or too ugly to fly.
I’m going to participate very little in this discussion - I won't vote, I’m not going to “defend” any one of the candidates, and I won’t be entertaining any questions about configurations not included among the three I’m showing. I want this to be all about you guys, not about me. If you have a specific question regarding the concept of one of the designs, I’ll see if I can answer that if it’s in the spirit of this poll.

Have fun!

Back