• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Minimax to Parasol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobDaly

Posting this for your critiques. I'm converting my Minimax to a parasol configuration. Partly because mounting the wings was difficult and the bolt holes thru the axle for the lift struts were becoming elongated. I'm also partial to the parasol look. I figured a parasol conversion would work because the Himax is a proven design and I would merely be eliminating the center section and enclosed cockpit. I'd like some input as to how to determine the strength of the cabane/fuselage attachments particularly with regard to the drag truss. I've calculated the vertical reactions at the wing root and found them to be relatively small, most of the lift is reacted by the lift struts. All strut/spar connections are pinned. The pics show the pertinent details. I'll post more if needed.

frontqtr2.jpgfuseside.jpgcabanechannelbracket.jpgwingrig3.jpgaileroncontrol.jpgwingrig2.jpg

Last edited:
Back