• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

1st time using T88

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franklin63

Hello,
I am starting a Fisher FP202 Koala project and I am hoping to get some advice here.
The FP202 very strongly resembles a Piper J3Cub, but it is only about 1/3 the size and is wood.
So, I am starting the build with the tail section.
Today I built the jig for the 5-layer lamination of the 1/8" x 3/4" x 8' strips.
These strips, once laminated, will make-up the curved trailing edge of the rudder.
Everything is set up nicely over the plans with wax paper and I am ready to go ahead and glue the strips but I am hesitating because although my test fit looks really nice in the jig and it is all clamped-up I know that it will be a different story when I go to glue it.
My questions are:
Has anyone here done this multi-layer lamination or something similar? What is a good process for gluing the strips and getting them into the jig?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Back