• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Spark Plug Lead Rebuild Plug End

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proppastie

I have a bad plug end on a lead....and it causes radio noise which goes away when doing a mag check......the bad lead corresponds to the proper mag when I do the check. I twisted the nut once without holding the ferrule and destroyed the shielding at the ferrule. I think the easiest fix is to cut off and the plug end and slide the assembly up and properly assemble the lead with the shield intact......I am pretty sure I have enough lead to allow for that.........I find I can not buy the parts to just do that part of the job .... purchase of a single lead will require removal of the back of the mag (and whole harness) or I can replace the whole harness.

Has anyone been able to knock out the "Drive Ferrule", and remove the Screw and Spring and re-use them?

plug lead.png

Attachments

• Champion Aerospace L-1499B.pdf
    597.2 KB · Views: 8
Back