• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Recumbent Streamliner Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoFairing

Hello, it appears some people are interested in my project which is good to hear so I have made this thread to get as much help as I can. I have 10 weeks until I will be busy, this means I have 10 weeks to build a fully operational streamlined bicycle.
263389135_1104147460331592_7387261332170879848_n.jpg263721308_318372850133248_55379723803727439_n.jpg

What in 10 weeks?

1) A recumbent bicycle steel prototype, front wheel drive. Many components to make.
2) Landing gear, launching and low speed maneuver. Landing Gear
3) Discover clearances, foot box, knee, seat, shoulders and head.
4) Aerodynamic shell design shell utilizing current understanding of laminar flow, ground effect and composite sandwich construction.
5) Foam plug.
4) Female mold.
5) Vacuum bagged carbon fiber foam core shell.
6) Windscreen.
7) Integration of components.
8) Test ride.

Purpose

1) Build something that looks awesome.
2) Exciting exercise and commuting around town in traffic.
3) Learn new skills in composite construction.
4) Actualize interest in aerodynamics and efficiency.

Feature Goals

1) U-turn in a two lane road.
2) Stable low speed maneuvering using landing gear.
3) Safe vision through windscreen, mirrors.
4) Easy access for servicing, flat tires, access to drive chain.
5) Adequate ventilation.
6) Shell strong enough to survive crashing.

Future ideas

Lights and indicators, tail fin mounted safety lighting high enough for cars to see.
Ventilation fan (thrust).
Electric assist.
Second iteration composite chassis.
Suspension front and rear.
Mid drive step up gear.

Inspiration

It's late I will update this tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back