• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Zenith CH640 questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryan

I've been looking at the Zenith CH640 recently. I like the overall stats of the airplane and the fact that you can buy the plans to scratch build. It meets all the other basic factors I would like to see in an airplane as well. I've tried searching the forums and found very few references to it.

My biggest question is regarding the recent problems that the 601XL and 650 models and if the 640 may have some of the same design aspects or if it is different enough to not be a concern.

I would be curious to know if anyone can confirm or deny the ability to actually scratch build the plane.

Following onto that I am curious if any has any other information about the plane to share.

Chris

Back