• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Honda Civic (Turbo) Powered RV6A 100hrs flying and counting.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charosenz

As the title of the thread states, I built and now I am flying an RV6A that is powered by a Honda Civic 1.8L engine. I also installed a turbo on it. I have 100 hours flying it. So far I have not had any major problems. I have the project well document on Vans Airforce dot net since the beginning, (that now has over 203,000 views) but I thought it there may be some over here on HBA that would find this project interesting.

I know the question that almost everyone wants to ask.....How fast does it fly? I have to state that speed was never an important goal in my mind when deciding on this build. It is worth noting that I currently have oversized 6.00 tires, no wheel pants, or even leg fairings, a fixed pitch warp drive prop, and of course a radiator slung in the fuse...so, all that said, I can cruise at 150 mph....at 5000rpm and 3 lbs of boost.

I created several short videos on youtube. Just search under "Honda Powered RV6A..)

I have had a ton of fun with this. I was living in Washington State and flew it to KY last December. I am seriously itching to build again but this time a STOL plane...

Here are a few pics....

Charlie Rosenzweig
N327WC
Magnolia KY.

Attachments

• N327WC front side view Nov 21 at M20.jpg
    N327WC front side view Nov 21 at M20.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 327WC inflight pic 0121.jpg
    327WC inflight pic 0121.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 20200512_115747.jpg