• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Airfoil selection for an aircraft out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WARPilot

Supporting Member
I am looking to do some redesign on a WAR FW 190. The wing is 20’ and has an area of approx 77ft^2. Weight is an issue and the redesign will largely involve creating a mold and chunking the wood and foam. New empty weight will be around 550lbs. Gross TO weight will be 900lbs.
The performance I am looking for from the wing is a low stall speed, 50 mph, and a cruise speed of 180 mph. Power will be in the 100-130 hp range.
The current airfoil is a 23015, 014, and 012. There must be better airfoils out there.
The wing must accommodate the retractable gear.
I want to keep the FW190 look in the planform.
Any ideas out there?

Attachments

• FE0FBA85-13F0-4129-865A-D7FEB7D6AD7B.jpeg
    FE0FBA85-13F0-4129-865A-D7FEB7D6AD7B.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 53
Back