• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Anti-ice for experimental.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alessandre

I was thinking of viable ways of de-icing for experimental aircraft that excludes the complex and expensive de-icing boots and the anti-icing liquid that cirrus uses (very complex for experimental), leaving only two forms of heat that would be electric and engine heat, in this case direct electric heating from the leading edges using some type of adhesive with electrical resistance or from the hot air system itself for the cabin, a bleed that passes through the leading edges to be eliminated by the wing tips (considering aluminum wing), I don't know if the heated air by the exhaust would generate enough heat for that, I would like to know if something like that has already been tested?

Back