• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Add-on GPS for Foreflight/iPad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aviacs

Last winter i provided specs and trusted Best Buy to steer me into an appropriate 9 - 10" screen iPad.
I was not yet back into flying at the time, so had no opportunity to try it in the air.
Of course when i brought it back, it worked in the store (on their wi-fi :( ) and at home after they configured it, on mine.
So i got hosed, regardless the specs, and not buying on a budget.

In early summer i got current again, and am trying to fly more often. I would like to use the FF features in flight, now. The C140 has ADS-B in/out and another member's GPS, so either way the iPad will synch on wifi, though i have not actually tried it. Moving over to the '39 non-electric J3, it would be nice to use it. Eventually, i hope to use it in my sonerai 2.

It appears that choices are to either buy a new Ipad correctly spec'd. Or for under $300, to buy an add-on GPS like the Bad Elf Pro+ that will work with the existing iPad? Other options include Garmin GLO 2 iPad and Android GPS , or FF Sentry Mini ADS-B receiver. I'm naturally gun-shy either way at this point. Andy experiences or advice?

Thanks!
smt

Back