• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rules? Repowering certified aircraft with experimental engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slociviccoupe

As title states what is rules say taking an older cessna and repowering or powering it with an experimental such as an auto conversion? Does the plane now get registered as experimental? I could care less about it being certified. But buying an older airframe and putting an auto conversion on it seems simpler to me than the years of building.

Plenty of plans and kit built planes id love to have and build. But this option of a pre built airframe, a honda v6 that i know is dead nuts reliable, and a gearbox i can actually be flying and not building for years.

Even with the fabrication and well thought out designing still would probably take a year.

Just seing what the process would be and what i would need while looking for airframes. What paperwork would be needed when buying an sirfrane to actually be able to fky it again.

Back