• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Freedom Master AirSharkII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirSharkII

Hello all, I have recently acquired an uncompleted Freedom Master Airshark kit. Some of you may remember the AirShark's debut in the '80's. A fast 4 place amphibian which still holds a speed record today. A few kits were produced (a dozen I think). Several aircraft flew with mixed results. They went out of business before the design could be refined. I was excited about this design back then and I believe with proper design and engineering this aircraft can be saved. I have begun consulting with designers and looking for any available information on the AirShark. There are a few more kits out there and I would like to make contact with those builders if possible. All ideas and criticisms are welcome. I'm entertaining the following changes to the AirShark: lengthen the fuselage ahead of the pylon( for a CG issue, more room for rear passengers, and more hull displacement for better performance on the water), improved flaps, replacing the O-360 with push/pull Rotax 914(EFI with a potential 140hp each x 2). The Rotax configuration is 100lbs lighter and would be unique! I'm looking forward to your responses, Tom

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 614
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 572
  • Airshark rear.jpg
    Airshark rear.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,714
  • AirsharkII.jpg
    AirsharkII.jpg