• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Italian/European engine comparisons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivilee

Supporting Member
Ok, has anyone compared all the brands of paramotor engines out there beyond which ones have the most hp?
Simonini, Minari, Vittorazi, Cors-Air, Polini, EOS and probably more. Best place to buy in the U.S.?

Reason I'm asking is I have a Zenoah G25 and Rotax 277 I was going to use for my Mitchell Wings when they're finished. The Zenoah I bought new in the early 80's, the 277 is still in the factory box. The original powered Wing flew on a 9 hp McCullough (they didn't recommend a big engine like the Zenoah) so I'm thinking about getting a smaller brand new paramotor engine and getting rid of the old new engines.

Maybe get one of the ~15-27hp motors and keep the RPM's lower for longer service? Polini makes liquid cooled engines smaller than the 250 which seem kinda cool. They're all way lighter than the old stuff. Prices seem very reasonable.

Any consolidated info on the brands?

Back