• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Big TV vs small TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene

Supporting Member
At one time in my life when I was buying new TV salesman was telling me that size of your new television always dictated by viewing distance.

So, I need to make a decision between 7 inch screen and 10 inch screen.

- Is 10 inch screen normally used in large airplanes where distance from your eyes to the screen is large?

- My 6 inch extension made out of plywood is giving me distance from my eyes to the screen of 24 inches. Is this situation perfect for 7 inch screen? Is 10 inch display would be too large? At this stage I can change anything.

- And why are we trying so hard to squeeze big TV in your cockpit if 1/2 of your display will be occupied by engine monitoring? Would it be smarter to arrange two 7 inch displays? This way second EFIS will be dedicated for engine monitoring and I will have redundancy in case of failure? Bigger is not always better in this case? But it is always better in some other specific cases?

This is all new questions to me, but I am sure someone out there already answered them along time ago.

IMG_5595.jpegIMG_5594.jpegIMG_5596.jpegIMG_5598.jpegIMG_5596 2.jpeg

Back