• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Correct glue for Lexan windshield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene

Supporting Member
Hello guys I am looking for help.

In the process of replacing Lexan windshield. Original one was 2 mm and I will be going with 3 mm this time. It was flexing and vibrating in flight and developed some cracks on the sides around the rivets.

First question is about the best technique to install new windshield with the rivets, so it doesn't crack again. Maybe aluminum strip should be used on top of Lexan before riveting?

Second question is about correct glue to use to bond windshield to fabric glass cockpit on top and the bottom. What ever they were used in Czech Republic 20 years ago not available here.

I appreciate any info I can get on this one. Thank you!

IMG_5569.jpegIMG_5565.jpegIMG_5564.jpeg

Back