• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Announcing SoFIS - An Open Source EFIS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel

Hi everyone,

Didn't joined too long ago, and have been silent since. Most of the time I'm a flying a little plane (was flying a 4 seater before, but that's a story for another day) in a small town of France.

Here is something that I've wanted to do for years and I decided that a covid lockdown was a good time to start: sam-itt/sofis.

It's an EFIS project, open source, written in C and that can run on a Raspberry Pi (starting first gen). It's far from finished but as it starts to look like something I've decided to make it public and accept code from others.

It also comes with a script that can create aviation maps from osm+openaip. You can pre-cache map tiles from an area around a given point (i.e airport), an entire state or even some countries.

You can run it using either data from FlightGear pre-recorded or live over the network, or from sensors (See Github README for details)

Back