• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Two seat tandem: Asso X Jewel, suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dun

Hello,

I recently joined HBA and for the last few weeks I am in the process of preparing the workshop, gathering some tools, and researching information to decide on a type which has available plans to start the build.

The criteria I have are these:

Low wing monplane
Two seat tandem
Tricycle gear retractable
Range +600 NM
Vs -45KT
Vcruise +130KT
Vno +130KT
Vne +150KT
Loads +5g/-2g
Useful mass +200kg

Preferred but not a fixed criteria is manual retraction of landing gear like in the Mooney M20.

So I would like to know any suggestions for the above; the only type with plans available and fitting all the criteria is the Asso X Jewel.

OpenEZ has unclear plans documentation;
AcroCruiser is great but is only in kit form, like the FlyingLegend's Tucano;
KR-Super2 has never been completed by anyone;
JeanPierreMarie Avions' Layon does not have the range;
Lucas L6B has great range at 960NM but is not well known, only a few built, and I cannot find any contact from Émile Lucas' relatives for the plans.

and several other options I found miss one or two of the criteria.

Last edited:
Back