• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Davis Da-2a fuselage possibly available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davisguy

Hello....A Davis DA2A aircraft fuselage is in an outside storage yard of the Birmingham, Alabama A/C museum. Last weekend I was at the museum and saw it in the storage yard. The engine is missing and I believe that the instruments have also been removed. The right aileron is missing .The engine cowling is on the fuselage. I am a fan of the Davis a/c and I would hope that someone might be interested in trying to purchase this fuselage and refurbishing it. Here is an article link NextGen Heirloom (kitplanes.com) about a Davis a/c that was trailer transported with the wing removed so hopefully the wing can be removed without too much trouble . It looks like it has been outside for some time but hopefully still in fairly good shape (Photos provided below). I don't know whether the museum would sell it or not but their number is (205) 833-8226.....

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 146
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Davis.jpg
    Davis.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Back