• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Anyone have any recommendations for a 15 hp engine under $1000?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booky

I have a very low budget to start building my plane. originally I was going to go with a structure made of metal tubing, but then I did the pricing on that and discovered that it was way out of my pay range. Now I'm going with something a whole lot cheaper and not nearly as strong, but it will (probably) get the job done. long story short, my structure is around 150 pounds lighter than my previous design, and now I only need around 15hp to get the thing off the ground. I'm on a shoestring budget, and I'm looking for the bare minimum at this point, so anyone have any recommendations for a 15-20 hp engine, or two 7.5-10 hp engines that aren't too costly? under $1000 dollars would be nice, but I could go up to $1500 possibly. Keep in mind that I don't even have that much money saved up, so the cheaper the better.

Back