• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

what stall speed do I want?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booky

Howdy do. I'm designing a part 103 ultralight and at the moment I'm attempting to design the wings. I need to find the wing loading, but the only problem is that I need to have an ideal or wanted stall speed in mind for my aircraft. I plan to have a Hirth F-33 on it, and the structure will be mostly wood and somewhere in the range of x-250 lbs in weight. (It'll be somewhere in the range of 422lbs full weight) I have no prior experience with aircraft and I cannot find any reliable sources on the f-33's performance in flight. I need to have a stall speed in mind or I will not be able to calculate the wing loading. what would a reasonable stall speed be to aim for in this situation? Thank you.

Back