• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How should I lay fabric here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Built2Fly

I am dry fitting the bottom of the fuselage, trying to figure out the challenges first. So I have this question on what I should do here.

So basically this is the bottom of the fuselage. The whole frame is upside down. Engine (unmounted now) will be on the right hand side, and tail is toward the left hand side. The muffler is hang at the bottom of the fuselage with 4 bolts. The arrow points to one of the bolts. There is an aluminum standoff, and a rubber cushion, with a bolt going through the middle.

20210112_192028.jpg

The aluminum standoffs stand higher than the bottom plane of the fuselage, as shown in the picture below. So my question is whether I should lay fabric (a) like the yellow line below and cut a hole around the standoff, or (b) like the green line between the aluminum and rubber and only need to punch a small hole for the bolt?

20210112_191938.jpg

Back