• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Using aluminum 2024 t3 as spars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlin

I appologize if i'm posting this in the wrong section of the forum.
i'v been stuck trying to figure out how to design a proper wood spar for few weeks now, i came to the conclusion that the material was too unpredictable for me and i just don't have the necessary "wood skills" to trust myself with it.
so i decided to switch to aluminum 2024 t3, round tubes. (like the one in the picture)
clamp up.jpg

can you give me some tips about it? ideal diameter, best way to attach struts and ribs to it, how to protect it from corosion.

Thank you.

Back