• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wood Construction Resources

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_limiter

Supporting Member
As I have been building my collection of resources regarding building wood airplanes, I have been frustrated by the both the numerous broken links, and the lack of a central repository. So I thought I would make a post organizing some resources, and then attach the files here so that they are available to forum users. Feel free to attach anything useful I have missed.

Grading Wood:
Military Specification Aircraft Spruce
Nasa Report on Aircraft Woods
Causes of Brashness in Wood

Wood Construction:
ANC-5 - Strength of Aircraft Elements Chapter 1, parts 1-3
ANC-5 - Chapter 2, Wood
ANC-18 - Design of Wood Aircraft Structures, parts 1-3
Analysis and Comparison of I-Beam and Solid Wing Parts
Naca Report 344 - The Design of Plywood Webs for Airplane Wings Beams

Attachments

• Military Specification MIL-S-6073_ Aircraft Spruce.pdf